1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ive Tried This Before - But I Will Try Again - Looking For.....

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Inthewind1976, May 6, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Theres a company here in TX. Boyd I believe building handy heavy barreled volt action carbines based on the french MAS action chambered in 7.62X39. I have almost caught myself buying one more than once. I find them at cabelas all the time. They look solidly built and they are heavy for a little shorty.
  2. Jorge_in_Oz

Jorge_in_Oz New Member

Hi Guys,

The model of the rifle I posted was a Norinco M701 which is a copy of the pre-64 Winchester 70. The Norinco 331 is a different action and it is a smaller action. There is not much info about the 701 but I have now spotted a second one which I'm enquiring about. I would like to convert it to 303 Brit by working the bolt face changing the extractor and working the magazine box and follower. I will attempt to use pre-64 Win 70 parts as they maybe interchangeable. If not then I will shoot it as is.

Thanks for welcome.

Cheers

Jorge
  3. Delta0156

Delta0156 New Member

I just so happen to have one of those... It just came into my shop today. Nice freakin' rifle with a great trigger. I like it so much that I'm hinging on not selling it, but I could be swayed.

Joe Gallo
    Mastodon Ammo & Camo
    973-764-9550
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to The Firearms Forum Joe Gallo.