Ive Tried This Before - But I Will Try Again - Looking For.....

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Inthewind1976, May 6, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Theres a company here in TX. Boyd I believe building handy heavy barreled volt action carbines based on the french MAS action chambered in 7.62X39. I have almost caught myself buying one more than once. I find them at cabelas all the time. They look solidly built and they are heavy for a little shorty.
  2. Jorge_in_Oz

Jorge_in_Oz New Member

Hi Guys,

The model of the rifle I posted was a Norinco M701 which is a copy of the pre-64 Winchester 70. The Norinco 331 is a different action and it is a smaller action. There is not much info about the 701 but I have now spotted a second one which I'm enquiring about. I would like to convert it to 303 Brit by working the bolt face changing the extractor and working the magazine box and follower. I will attempt to use pre-64 Win 70 parts as they maybe interchangeable. If not then I will shoot it as is.

Thanks for welcome.

Cheers

Jorge
  3. Delta0156

Delta0156 New Member

I just so happen to have one of those... It just came into my shop today. Nice freakin' rifle with a great trigger. I like it so much that I'm hinging on not selling it, but I could be swayed.

Joe Gallo
    Mastodon Ammo & Camo
    973-764-9550
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to The Firearms Forum Joe Gallo.