1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

iven johnson revlvers

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dino1, Apr 23, 2009.

1. dino1

dino1 New Member

i have a ivan johnson revolver....info on the barrel top strap is as follows.......ivan johnson & co.worcester mass. usa....pat d apr.6.86....may 10.87...oct.16.88....pat's pending....& on the top strap over the cylinder is the word SWIFT.... in capital letters....the serial #4211 is under the top strap over cyl. ....it appears to be a .38 cal. 5 shot....i tried a modern type of .38 round in it & it fits snug but the bullet tip sticks out of the cyl. by about 3/16" the cyl. length is -1-3/16" .... were the .38 rounds shorter back in the ol'e days??.....it is nickel plated with black bakerlite/or hard rubber type grips with the owls head facing foward towards the barrel end. it has a single top post latch ...would be greatful for any info on this gun.....much regards ....dino1.....
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009