iven johnson revlvers

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dino1, Apr 23, 2009.

1. dino1

dino1 New Member

i have a ivan johnson revolver....info on the barrel top strap is as follows.......ivan johnson & co.worcester mass. usa....pat d apr.6.86....may 10.87...oct.16.88....pat's pending....& on the top strap over the cylinder is the word SWIFT.... in capital letters....the serial #4211 is under the top strap over cyl. ....it appears to be a .38 cal. 5 shot....i tried a modern type of .38 round in it & it fits snug but the bullet tip sticks out of the cyl. by about 3/16" the cyl. length is -1-3/16" .... were the .38 rounds shorter back in the ol'e days??.....it is nickel plated with black bakerlite/or hard rubber type grips with the owls head facing foward towards the barrel end. it has a single top post latch ...would be greatful for any info on this gun.....much regards ....dino1.....
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009