Iver Johnson 12 ga.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by IronSights85, Nov 17, 2010.

1. IronSights85

IronSights85 New Member

I recently bought an Iver Johnson 12 ga. from a gun show. The only visible markings are on the barrel and reads "Patented August 12, 1913". From what I have researched so far, it appears to be a "Champion". I am looking for more information about this shotgun. It is in pretty good condition and I am in the process of tearing it down to clean and inspect it. The guy I bought it from told me that he had fired it before in Turkey Shoots and that it is 2 3/4". Any other info would be much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to learning more about this gun.
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the only single barrel shotgun patent i can find issued on august 12, 1913 was number 1,070,145 issued to g.s. lewis for a rebounding hammer. it was assigned to "j. stevens arms & tool co.".

are you sure this is a champion single barrel.
    bill
  3. IronSights85

IronSights85 New Member

Thanks for replying, Bill. I am just going off of what the guy told me when I bought it. I am not sure of anything on it except for that writing on the barrel. So does it seem that this is not an Iver Johnson? Thanks!
  4. IronSights85

IronSights85 New Member

As I was taking everything apart to clean I came across some numbers on the receiver. It appears to read 6020Y. I'm not sure if anyone can give me any information just from this, but it would be much appreciated. I'm really trying to find out exactly who made this shotgun. :)
  5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

this shotgun is most likely a early version of the stevens standard model 94 single barrel shotgun. manfactured some time between 1913 and about 1930.
    bill
  6. IronSights85

IronSights85 New Member

Thanks, Bill. I've got some great info from you that will help me dig up the history of this piece. Do you know of any resources of Stevens' info that I can check out? Thanks!