Iver Johnson .22 supershot, ordering parts

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by fuzebox40, Mar 15, 2012.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Anyone ever ordered parts for one of these? There's a 7 shot (mod.70), 9 shot (mod.90) and then the Sealed 8 models. All third (new mdl) model top breaks. Here's my dilemma. Specificaly I need a Lifter, a Lever and Lever Spring. Numrich Gun Parts Corp. lists most of the small internal parts under .22/.32 caliber or under .38 ciliber. I question this because the .32 is a small frame while .22 and .38 are built on the large frame. So how can all these .22 parts be the same as the small frame parts? I suppose it's possible but wait.. I know a large and small frame don't have the same size extracter cam and joint screw, yet they list those with the .32 also.
    Something's not right here and I'm not sure what to order, so anyone happened to have dealt with these parts in the past?

Terry
  2. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

It’s unclear to me when they discontinued the small frame .22 top break but apparently Numrich simply doesn’t acknowledge the thirteen years of the supershot being built on the large frame and they have no other category for it. Well it looks like I’ll be shooting from the hip on this one and my gut says order .38 parts. So be it.
  3. vaphil

vaphil New Member

Terry,

I havethe same IJ in need of the same parts. Did you have any luck with your ordering the 38 cal. lifter?

vaphil
  4. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Yes the .38 parts worked for with some adjustment to the lever to get the timing right. But I've had to do that on every lever I've installed.
    It was the lever and lever spring I ended up ordering and biggest problem I had was the spring wasn't the right one for the lever. The spring had the 90° bend on the "lever" end but the lever has the little hole in it for a strait end. The hole was greesed over and I didn't see it at first so it caused me major grief for awhile trying to make it work the other way.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  5. vaphil

vaphil New Member

Thanks for the info. Now I can broaden my search beginning with the Richmond gun show tomorrow.
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Cool beans daddio!
  7. MidwayJoe

MidwayJoe New Member

This is not really a reply, but it is about the same subject. Ordering parts for a 22 Supershot, Model 90. I have tried Numrich Gun Parts to no avail. I also found Bob's Gun Parts ( http://www.gun-parts.com/iverjohnson/ ), he lists many IJ parts, but have not had any luck getting in touch with them. Does any one know of another supplier of Iver Johnson parts? I'm sure there are many gunsmiths out there that have worked on them before and probably have some parts for them.
  8. devon29

devon29 New Member

i also have a sealed 8 and i need a trigger spring. i ordered a couple from numrich but they were too thick. the trigger spring i need is of the wire-type and is thin. i tried using the thicker ones but they barely fit in the location. when i finally got it together, the spring was crushed so i took it back out. i wish i could find the exact spring. any advice?
  9. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

10. hrf

hrf Active Member