iver johnson 22 supershot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bcswaylon, Jan 28, 2012.

1. bcswaylon

bcswaylon New Member

I've just recently been given a Iver Johnson 22 supershot. 7 shot break top revolver with the serial number K2126 (got this from the grip under the wood handle.) I was wondering how old is it and is there any place or website. That I could go to to get parts. Cause the fireing pin is gone, the trigger doesn't always catch with hammer, the screw that holds the top on is gone, and the cylinder needs redone. I've asked a few gunsmiths but they just kinda laugh. Then tell cost more to fix it than what it's worth, Or you cann't find parts any where. Any help would be helpful and thanks.
  2. Ken W

Ken W Member

Numrich is probably your best bet to find specific parts for it: http://www.e-gunparts.com/

The thing is that these guns can be had for under $100 a lot of times or not much over, and that's for ones that work properly. At least without as many issues. Don't get me wrong, I like them a lot and collect them but what the gunsmiths said was correct. With what they'd charge you'd probably be able to get a couple of them....maybe. At least another that does function. Don't be discouraged though. A lot of stuff on these old revolvers can be done yourself, as far as replacing broken parts goes. You just need a lot of patience when it comes to some of the springs and getting it all back together.