iver johnson 22 supershot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by stefwhit, Jul 10, 2011.

1. stefwhit

stefwhit New Member

thank you for your time. i have a 22 supershot with holster, has 7258 on the trigger, can you give me it's value? thanks again

Phyllis
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Phyllis. Value will vary depending on condition, which is best judged with good photos. There were also two Supershot models, a 7-shot made 1928-1941 and an 8-shot made 1932-1954.

If you remove the grip the serial number will also be stamped on the left grip frame, with a letter prefix that will identify the year made.
  3. stefwhit

stefwhit New Member

thank you for responding so quickly. The serial number has a k in front of it. the gun grip has the name Paul brown on it. How do I send pictures?
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Serial K7258 was made in 1930, and may be either a 7 or 9 shot.

If you have digital pics on your PC, click on the Go Advanced tab below the reply screen, then under Additional Options click on the Manage Attachments tab, and browse to find and upload your pics.
  5. stefwhit

stefwhit New Member

thanks so much for your help, here are the pictures

Attached Files:

6. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photos. Your gun appears to have had some hard use and the blued finish has suffered from exposure or poor storage. The last value the late I. J. expert Bill Goforth quoted before his demise this January was $100 for 60% condition to $200 for 100% condition. With the holster and assuming it's mechanically OK my guesstimate is around $150 tops.
  7. stefwhit

stefwhit New Member

well, I appreciate your help, thank you