The Firearms Forum banner

Iver Johnson 22 Top Break, 7 Shot revolver.....after some help please

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Westie 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I am after some help on an Iver Johnson 22, 7 shot revolver.
I've taken the best pictures I can, which will hopefully provided most of the information.

The questions I have are:
DOM?
what this model was actually known as?
What did it shoot, 22 short, 22 long, 22LR?
and lastly, what the likelihood of finding some grips to replace the broken ones it has?
Do the Small Frame 32 Grips also fit this model?

I have no real interest in the value, I just enjoy tracing the history of firearms and learning what I can along the way.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You have a small frame third model "Safety Hammer Automatic" revolver made in 1912, with the optional target size "Perfect" hard rubber grips.

Where are the grips broken? They look fine in you pics, and replacements will be tough to find, although reproductions of the regular smaller grips are available.

Goforth's book and an old advertisement shown just say ".22 rimfire" but use of .22 LR may not be wise.

#4 ·
Hi, thank you for the info, it is very much appreciated.

On the third picture you can see the back of the grips and while they look uniform, both sides are chipped and missing pieces. I believe they should meet at the top as they do further down. It's only a cosmetic issue, they function fine so I'm happy to live with it.

Thanks again, great forum, wish I'd found it years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.