The Firearms Forum banner

IVER JOHNSON .32 S&W safety automatic help needed.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bullstone 
#1 · (Edited)
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Auto part
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Auto part
I just got a old IVER JOHNSON .32 S&W I believe safety automatic serial #
A47463..I am going to attempt to clean her up and replace any necessary parts and that's where I need some help.
This hand gun appears to cycle perfectly and when the trigger is pulled it cycles and the cylinder aligns perfectly with the barrel. The issue I am not familiar with is the play the cylinder has ? is it normal for the cylinder to have alot of play when not cycling ??? if this is not normal how should I address this issue ?
would I need a new sear,lifter or trigger.
The other issue I have is the extractor does not pop up when the barrel is opened ,is this due to a bad extractor spring or extractor cam parts and if so what is a good recommended parts replacement.
I realize the finish looks rough but I think some flitz will go along way to cleaning it up.Any and all help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks Bullstone

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
hrf: Thanks for the info ,the cylinder answer gives me great relief because the cycle action is great and I dreaded going into that rebuild. My extractor looks beat up so I may shop some parts and work on that. I found instructions on replacing the cam spring part 60 on utube now just need to find the parts.
Thanks again...bullstone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.