Iver Johnson .38 cadet help???

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Farmer.A, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Farmer.A

Farmer.A New Member

I got an Iver Johnson and need help with it. This cadet has never been fired and all the books are still with it in the box. It is a single action 5 shot side load. A beautiful piece if I don't say so myself, but how much is it worth.
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

should be both single and double action (the only way they were made). in 38 S&W caliber this would be a model 55SA.

I.J. CADET MODEL 55S------------------------------------1955-1960
    The difference between the Model 55 and the Model 55S is only in the barrel length and grips. Grip panels are two piece small pocket size Tenite and the barrel length is 2 ½ inches and finish is blue. Does not have Hammer the Hammer action. Caliber .22 rimfire with 8 rounds cylinder capacity, recessed chambers with Flash Control front rim (cylinder unfluted until 1958); Weight 24 ounces; Frame height 4 inches; Frame length 4 7/8 inches; Overall length 7 inches. DOES NOT HAVE “HAMMER THE HAMMER” ACTION
    VALUE: 100%=$225 60%=$95

I.J. CADET MODEL 55SA------------------------------------1961-1978
    The difference between this A series and the earlier series is the addition of a loading gate to the right side of the frame. All specifications are the same except a small weight gain because of the loading gate. Also two new calibers offered 32 S&W Long and 38 S&W.
    DOES NOT HAVE “HAMMER THE HAMMER” ACTION
    VALUE: 100%=$230 60%=$100

bill