Iver Johnson 3rd model top break 32

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ramblinbill, Aug 24, 2009.

1. ramblinbill

ramblinbill New Member

I picked up an Iver Johnson 32 at the gun show yesterday. Closer examination showed that the threaded part of the cylinder that protrudes forward from the center and screws beneath the barrel is missing.
    Because of this the entire cylinder pops up with the extractor when the gun is opened.
    Bill, can I buy this small piece or will I need to buy the entire cylinder assembly?

Thanks for your help.
    I enjoy your book.

Ramblinbill
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the threaded cylinder bushing was only used on the third model between 1909 and 1911. this threaded cylinder bushing is an intergal part of the cylinder so buying a complete cylinder is the only option and finding the correct cylinder made between 1909 and 1911 may be hard.
    bill
  3. ramblinbill

ramblinbill New Member

Bill, I popped the grips and the serial number is A 87706 making this a 1913 production.
    I compared it to the photos and drawings in your book as well as two other 32 Iver Johnson top breaks I have, and they all have some sort of protrusion in front of the cylinder which holds it in place.
    This cylinder is flat on the front, pops up when the extractor pops up, and can be pulled out with finger pressure.
    It appears I am missing a small piece, but I don't know what.

Any help would be appreciated.
  4. panasonic

panasonic New Member