Iver Johnson 44mag???????

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Big Bore Hunter, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Big Bore Hunter

Big Bore Hunter New Member

I have an Iver Johnson 44 magnum, Brass frame with the A.uberti & C.Gardone VT Italy insignia on it. I want to know more about this gun. It has a 5 digit serial number so I'm hoping its old.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Bigboar
    Do you have a Model number for it
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Big Bore Hunter......welcome to TFF. :)

What you have is an IJ Cattleman Magnum. It was sold by Iver Johnson but manufactured in Italy by Uberti.

And, no, it's not very old. These were made from the 1970's until the mid-'80's, and while it's a nice replica of the Colt Single Action Army revolver, they're strictly shooters and have no collector value.
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

iver johnson imorted the cattleman series of single action revolvers between 1973 and 1978. most of the iver johnson imported cattleman revolvers will have a 5 digit or less serial number.
    bill