Iver Johnson Breakbarrel

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Davejohn90, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Davejohn90

Davejohn90 New Member

I am a model 1893 iver johnson break barrel shotgun. 12ga.
    I'm thinking about having a choke sleeve put in it. Is it possable for 1 with such and old gun. And second off how much does anyone think it will cost. I'm looking for a rough est.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I think you're mistaking the Patent date for the manufacturing date ( a patent can be good for 17 years and may be extended ), I would not spent the money on such an old shotgun and I'm sure to have it threaded and then install a choke would not be cost effective. The gunsmithing work alone would probably exceed the value of the shotgun.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. Davejohn90

Davejohn90 New Member

after looking into the value of the shotgun your right. I'm looking for a cost effective way to have a good turkey shoot gun. lol its not looking promising atm