1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Iver Johnson Breakbarrel

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Davejohn90, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Davejohn90

Davejohn90 New Member

I am a model 1893 iver johnson break barrel shotgun. 12ga.
    I'm thinking about having a choke sleeve put in it. Is it possable for 1 with such and old gun. And second off how much does anyone think it will cost. I'm looking for a rough est.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I think you're mistaking the Patent date for the manufacturing date ( a patent can be good for 17 years and may be extended ), I would not spent the money on such an old shotgun and I'm sure to have it threaded and then install a choke would not be cost effective. The gunsmithing work alone would probably exceed the value of the shotgun.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. Davejohn90

Davejohn90 New Member

after looking into the value of the shotgun your right. I'm looking for a cost effective way to have a good turkey shoot gun. lol its not looking promising atm