1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Iver Johnson Cadet 55sa B24187 32 Cal

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Waynesworld77, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Waynesworld77

Waynesworld77 New Member

I purchased this Revolver at a gun Show this past weekend. I was told it definitely worked?? The barrel slides freely to the right, but when hammer is cocked it all lines up and is tight. If i wanted to test fire this gun--what would be the best ammo to use. It is a 32 Cal-5 shot with a loading gate. Any help would be appreciated--Thanks
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Do you mean the cylinder rotates freely to the right instead of the barrel?? 32 S&W comes in two flavors, 32 S7W Short and 32 S&W Long. The Cadet is chambered for the 32 S&W which means it can use either. Cadet 55SA, made 1961 to 1978/79. does not have the saftey " hammer the hammer system " which means if you drop it on a hard surface, hammer first, with a round under the hammer, it may dischagre. If I'm wrong on this Mr. Goforth can slap me on the wrist.:)
  3. Waynesworld77

Waynesworld77 New Member

Thank You for responding. Yes, I did mean the cylinder not the barrel. The serial number is on the right side and it does have a small trigger in back of the main one. Sorry, I sell mostly knives at these Gun shows, but I have been learning for years. I also have Pics but have not fiured out how to post them yet. Thanks again--Wayne