Iver Johnson Cadet 55sa B24187 32 Cal

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Waynesworld77, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Waynesworld77

Waynesworld77 New Member

I purchased this Revolver at a gun Show this past weekend. I was told it definitely worked?? The barrel slides freely to the right, but when hammer is cocked it all lines up and is tight. If i wanted to test fire this gun--what would be the best ammo to use. It is a 32 Cal-5 shot with a loading gate. Any help would be appreciated--Thanks
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Do you mean the cylinder rotates freely to the right instead of the barrel?? 32 S&W comes in two flavors, 32 S7W Short and 32 S&W Long. The Cadet is chambered for the 32 S&W which means it can use either. Cadet 55SA, made 1961 to 1978/79. does not have the saftey " hammer the hammer system " which means if you drop it on a hard surface, hammer first, with a round under the hammer, it may dischagre. If I'm wrong on this Mr. Goforth can slap me on the wrist.:)
  3. Waynesworld77

Waynesworld77 New Member

Thank You for responding. Yes, I did mean the cylinder not the barrel. The serial number is on the right side and it does have a small trigger in back of the main one. Sorry, I sell mostly knives at these Gun shows, but I have been learning for years. I also have Pics but have not fiured out how to post them yet. Thanks again--Wayne