Iver Johnson Champion hammer issue

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by hk7686, Apr 1, 2010.

1. hk7686

hk7686 New Member

The problem I'm running into with this gun is that the hammer won't fully strike the firing pin, I think I might have isolated the problem but not 100% sure, but even if I have I can't figure out how to fix it.

I've seen that you guys have a couple of iver johnson experts on here, so I thought I'd drop in for some input.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the picture quality, but to me on the 2nd picture it looks like that block behind the spring is crooked.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Those pictures are huge and will take a long time to download. I'll come back in a couple of hours.

Jim
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i agree with jim these are huge pictures.

the champion does have a rebounding hammer but the block behind the spring is the spring tensioner and seat for the springs. if installed improperly this could cause the spring and its guide to bind up. if this is the case the spring assembly will need to come out and be reinstalled properly.

this information is without the ability to see exactly what you are trying to show us.

bill