The Firearms Forum banner

Iver Johnson & Co. identification & date needed

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  IGot2P 
#1 ·
First of all I normally collect somewhat high dollar long guns and also less expensive boy's rifles. I do own several hand guns but they are new models and have never been fired. This weekend I have been to a two day gun auction and did purchase a few guns that I was very familiar with but I also purchased an Iver Johnson & Co. older 5 shot .32 caliber revolver only because it was in very good condition and went for low dollars.

The pictures should basically show you what it is and I think that you can even read the printing on the top of the barrel. The serial number is on the bottom of the strap and is 20354 as I think you can see in one of the pictures. I did take the left grip off and did not see another serial number but maybe I just didn't look close enough. In my books it appears to be a "Safety Automatic Double-Action". The book also shows that they were manufactured from 1893 through 1950 which is a very long time span.

Could one or more of you verify if I have the model correct and also tell me the date of manufacture?

Thanks,

Don
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Ball Metal
Revolver Brass Metal

See less See more
#4 ·
I must have not be very interested in it because I missed the fact that the front sight was missing. :)

When the hammer is down the cylinder will turn clockwise when looking from the back of the gun. When one dry fires the gun the cylinder does turn and lines up with the barrel. Is the clockwise turning normal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.