1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Iver Johnson cylinder locks up

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by max38smart, Feb 24, 2012.

1. max38smart

max38smart New Member

I've got an Iver Johnson 3rd Model 32. When I fire it slowly, it functions just fine. When I fire it quickly, the cylinder will lock up. I then release the trigger, pull it slowly, and it fires again just fine. Does anybody have any idea what is going on?
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Describe what you mean by 'lock up.'
  3. max38smart

max38smart New Member

Well, when I pull the trigger quickly, the trigger will stop about half-way back and the cylinder will not move while I have back pressure on the trigger. If I release the trigger, and then pull it slowly back again, it works fine. This only happens when I'm actually firing real ammo. When I put snapcaps in it, I can pull the trigger as quickly as I want, and it does not lock up.