1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

IVER JOHNSON GRIPS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by ghoghunter, Nov 28, 2010.

1. ghoghunter

ghoghunter New Member

Hi I'm new to the site, and have a question, recently I purchased a box of grips (650 pairs) and in it are some grips which appear to be original IVER JOHNSON grips. I see a lot of grips sold as for the I J Bulldog with an OWLS HEAD on them mine have the head of a English Bulldog. If the ones with the OWLS head are for the BULLDOG what are these for? THANKS BOB
    [​IMG]
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

these are modern reproduction. i supect as late as the 1970's. they are made for the safety automatic revolver and model 1900 solid frame. they were never factory as none of the factory grips ever use this bulldog head at the top. the only dog head ever used was in the center of the grip (on the american bull dog) and a different looking dog.

there are a lot of these grip still around in new condition because they were made for revolvers that never used them. no body wanted them when new and not many people want them now. i do not know who manufactured them but i supect that Siles sold them at retail.
    bill
  3. ghoghunter

ghoghunter New Member

Thank you for the information.