Iver Johnson hamerless 32 brake open

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by butchie, Jan 8, 2011.

1. butchie

butchie New Member

I have a chrome plated Iver Johnson with pearl grips serial no. 67 bottom of butt "pat aug 25 96, can anyone tell me what it maybe worth and who can I contact to sell? gun is in very good shape and functional.
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

pictures are going to be needed to correctly identify this revolver. if you mean only one patent date is found on the bottom of the butt (8-25-96) it was manufactured between 1911 and about 1913. if that is only one of the patent dates you can make out it could be manufactured anywhere between 1897 and 1913. the placement of the serial number given is important (where it is found). the main serial number location has been the left side of the grip frame (under the grips) since 1896.

the finish is nickel.
    bill
  3. butchie

butchie New Member

The number is found on the bottom of the trigger guard, did not see any other markings except for the pat aug 25 96
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Then pull the grips and see if there is a serial number on the left grip frame!