Iver Johnson hammerless revolver help

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BnSC, Apr 27, 2012.

1. BnSC

BnSC New Member

I am new to your site.. I found it while trying to research information on an Iver Johnson hammerless revolver. I found enough info on this site to know to remove the grips.
    I found the number to B82***. I know the prefix letter is very important in this. Any help would be appreciated!
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. The B prefix was used only on the small frame .32 hammerless, but two different periods and models:

If it has a flat mainspring, it's a second model made 1902.

If a coil mainspring, a third model made 1914.
  3. BnSC

BnSC New Member

If you are referring the spring that is under the grips, it is a flat leaf spring style spring...
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Then it's the second model, and should not be used with modern smokeless powder ammo.
  5. BnSC

BnSC New Member

Thank you for your help!
    So what 32 cartridge is it exactly?
  6. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

.32 S&W, black powder.