Iver Johnson Hammerless, what year?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by hd_roadking, Jan 6, 2017.

1. hd_roadking

hd_roadking New Member

I have an Iver Johnson Hammerless 32 revolver and would like to know if anyone can identify the year it was made.
    I believe it is a second model.
    The markings are as follows and I will include a couple of pictures.
    Top of barrel: IVER JOHNSON ARMS & CYCLE WORKS
    - FITCHBURG MASS,USA -
    Serial# on bottom of trigger guard: 13XXX
    Serial# on grip frame under grip: O13XXX (don't know if that's a zero or and "O" before the 1)
    Bottom of grip frame: PAT'S JUNE 16,96 AUG 25 ?? (can't make out the last two characters)
    - PAT'S PENDING -
    Right Side.jpg Left Side.jpg

2. Shrek73

Shrek73 Active Member

You have an Iver Johnson 2nd Model 6th Variation Safety Hammerless Automatic Revolver made in 1905. It is considered a black powder frame and is not safe for modern smokeless ammo. The standard finish was nickel, which make this a special order.

3. hd_roadking

hd_roadking New Member

Thanks for the reply. Would the non standard finish change the value?
    I know that these pistols are not worth much, I would assume this gun is worth around $50. My father purchased it in the 70's for $5

4. Shrek73

Shrek73 Active Member

I would put it around $150, since it is blued. It is chambered in .32 S&W not .32 S&W Long. If it was made after 1909 it would be worth more.