1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Iver Johnson I.D. and Info

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bhlewis2, May 15, 2012.

1. bhlewis2

bhlewis2 New Member

I have an Iver Johnson .32, as seen in the included pictures. It was given to me, but have no other info. Date, type of ammo, value, etc. Anything would be helpful. I see no markings under the grips when removed, and gun is seemingly in perfect order, cylinder rotates and would likely operate and fire. (only after getting checked, of course).

Info: Serial #15XXX No letter prefix and no markings under grip or trigger guard.

Barrel Markings: Iver Johnson's Arms &Cycle Works. Fittsburg Mass. USA - Pat'd Apr.6.86 Feb.15.87 May.10.87 Dec.26.93. Pat's Pending

Hopefully I provided some good info to get some information.

I appreciate it, as it was my grandfather's.

DSC01046.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

DSC01048.JPG
  2. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

bhlewis2,
    You have a first model, second variation, small frame revolver manufactured in 1895. It is chambered for 5-.32 S&W black powder cartridges. I would say the value of your revolver would fall in the $200.00 +or- range. It's a nice looking piece.
    Old Gun Guy
  3. bhlewis2

bhlewis2 New Member

Thanks a bunch. Your info matched what I have found so far elsewhere.
  4. bhlewis2

bhlewis2 New Member

Where would be a good place to sell or trade this item?
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  5. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

bhlewis2,
    That is entirely up to you. Local gun shows, pawn shops, newspaper ad, online gun auctions sites, etc. are all places to check out. The more time you take selling it will normally realize the greatest return.
    Old Gun Guy