1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

iver johnson information

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jlmar, May 21, 2011.

1. jlmar

jlmar New Member

Hello , I recently bought an Iver Johnson 32 S&W break top , hammerless revolver .
    I would appreciate any information you can give me .
    top of 3" barrel , Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works followed by a small x
    Fitchburg Mass USA
    bottom of trigger guard , 31587
    butt of handle , june 16.96 aug.25.33 -- 16.04. pats.pending [little wear on this]
    under left hand grip , B 31587
    Owl head facing down handle
    4 pins at bottom of frame over trigger guard
    Thank You
    p.s. , it has a coil spring
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

According to Bill Goforth's book, the patent dates indicate a small frame hammerless second model, seventh variation, but the coil spring, etc. and serial number make it a third model, first variation made in 1910, so apparently there was a transition period in regard to the markings.
  3. jlmar

jlmar New Member

Thanks hrf for the quick reply , if it was built in a transitional period that could explain my problem of finding definitive information on it . Again Thanks , jlmar