Iver Johnson safety Hammer question

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tbotts1959, Dec 18, 2009.

1. tbotts1959

tbotts1959 New Member

I have posted earlier about my Iver Johnson safety Hammer 32 S&M and received an exceptional reply from one of the experts b.goforth. My serial # F 59189 indicated it was made in 1903. The new question is it unusual for this gun to not have any patent dates on it? It does not have any patent dates whatsoever. Thanks in advance. TERRY
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

in 1903 the patent dates were on the left side of the barrel or the left barrel lug. you may have to look real close to see as they were very lightly stamped.
    bill
  3. tbotts1959

tbotts1959 New Member

Bob, there are no dates lighty stamped whatsoever. Tha left side of the barrel is smooth and shiny nickel plating noevedence of any light stamping. This gun almost looks new. All the edges are sharp and the stamping on the top of the barrel is great.. Maybe they forgot to put the pat dates on somehow. Have you ever seen this omission before?
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i have never seen a safety automatic revolver second model without patent. this could be a first but i doubt it would increase the value any.

bill