Iver Johnson serial number

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by pubdef1, May 6, 2008.

1. pubdef1

pubdef1 New Member

I am working on a case with a Iver johnson revolver , and would like to know if any one can tell me the manufact. date if the serial number is 31789 seems to be a question if this weapon is of the 1800,s or the 1900,s....If any knows thee answer , I would really appreaciate it,,can't promise a trip to Disney, but I will say thankyou.....LOU (model w32) 38 caliber

(07-853-PR) this info was in the police report with no explanation....next to the description.....
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

in order to determine the exact manufacture date of any iver johnson firearm you need the firearms in front of you and to describe in full what type of firearms it is and the exact markings and where they are found. the main serial number location on 90% of all iver johnson handguns is on the left side of the grip frame under the grip, this is where most of the letter codes will be found.

in short i can usually identify the age of 99.9% of iver iver johnson firearms but not from what is given here. there have been a lot of law enforcement depts. who have purchased my iver johnson book (including the batf) because it can be used to identify the age of most iver johnson handguns.
    bill
    Last edited: May 7, 2008