Iver Johnson sxs 20 ga barrel work needed

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Mooseguides, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Mooseguides

Mooseguides New Member

I own a old IJ hercules grade 20 ga sxs scattergun that had the barrel cut back as it was fired with snow in the barrel and it created a large bulge on one of the barrels so my Dad in his wisdom decided to cut her back a bit and get rid of the bulge and he did this he also attemped too replace the front bead sight and I guess he wasn't happy were it was so he drilled another hole in the centre rib and moved it, does anybody know were I could get the barrel squared off properly and the sight hole welded up and recut to make it look original, it now is only a grouse and partridge gun but I would like to clean it up some any suggestions would be appreciated......Mooseguides