Iver Johnson Top Break 38 cal

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mynorac, Dec 9, 2010.

1. mynorac

mynorac New Member

I just acquired an Iver Johnson top break pistol with owl grips. under the left grip I found the alpha-numeric code of Q3267. The number 3267 also appears on the bottom of the trigger guard. The bottom of the frame has the words pat. JUNE16.96 AUG25.9? I can't read the last number but it may be a "6". Can you help me identify this pistol? Thank You
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

manufactured in 1906. do not fire with modern ammo manufactured for black powder pressures only.

SECOND MODEL SAFETY AUTOMATIC HAMMER REVOLVER
    (Black Powder Cartridges)------------1896-1908
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME VERSIONS USES HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION: Double top post barrel latch, nickel finish standard, blue optional, hard rubber grip panels with Owls head at top. Hammer the Hammer action, two frame sizes, and three calibers. Standard barrel length: small frame 3 inches, large frame 3 ¼ inches; Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire 7 rounds cylinder capacity, .32 centerfire 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .38 centerfire 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Weight: small frame with 3 inch barrel .22 rimfire 12 ounces, .32 centerfire 12 ¼ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 17¼ ounces; Frame height: small frame 3 ¼ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 3/26 inches, large frame 5 inches; Overall length: small frame with 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. Only difference between the first and second model is the barrel latch. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see. The Second Model features a double top post barrel latch, flat leaf hammer spring and two cross pins in the lower frame.
    VALUE: 100%=$275 60%=$135
    For revolvers equipped with Bourne Knuckleduster add 100%