Iver Johnson Top Break Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by GREGB173, May 2, 2012.

1. GREGB173

GREGB173 New Member

I have a Iver Johnson Revolver and was wondering what model it is and if it is worth anything.
    S/N under the left grip is S25790 also has a #1733 with it. Under the trigger gaurd is #23889. The Owl faces the barrel, it has a hammer and the barrel is 3" long. I hope that is enough info.
    Thank you.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. S/N S25790 should be a small frame black powder second model .32 made in 1907, but the trigger guard at least is not the original one since it has a different number. If you remove the cylinder, there should also be a S/N underneath the top strap.

I don't know what significance of the #1733 would be, unless it's a special order gun: The book shows a special order example of same model with S/N's S25783 and 14 that has oversize grips and extra long barrel, but unless it's been modified yours sounds standard.

Value depends on condition and clear photos are needed, but plus or minus $100 in average condition.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  3. GREGB173

GREGB173 New Member

Thanks for the info. I tried reading the S/N #underneath the top strap, but it was worn and hard to read. Again thank you for the helpful information and now all I need to do is find a buyer.