Iver Johnson Top Break Revolver

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by nibor, Aug 15, 2009.

1. nibor

nibor New Member

Hi,

I just inherited two guns from my deceased great grandfather. One is a Ruger "Blackhawk" .41 Magnum, and the other I'm a little unsure of. I know it's an Iver Johnson, and it's a top break revolver. I'm not too savvy with guns, so I was hoping some kind person here could fill me in. I can post pictures if that would help. I know it was purchased circa 1970. I was unable to find a serial number on it, only a "patent pending" thing on the bottom of the butt of the gun.

So far I have not been able to get it to work at all. The .41 Magnum works great. The I&J, however, does not. I can't pull the trigger at all and I haven't found any sort of safety or anything on it.

Please excuse my ignorance. As I said, guns are not my forte.