The Firearms Forum banner

Iver Johnson: US Revolver Co Info

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 ·
I have bought a revolver, I believe a .22 cal, it has 7 shot cylinder, at an auction over this past weekend. The top of the barrel is inscribed with US Revolver Co. Made in U.S.A. I was curious if someone could tell me more about it. I have verified the serial number on the revolver. It is located in 3 different locations, one is under the trigger guard, the second is under the top strap and that third one is on the left hand side of under the grip panel. The serial number is 28565. I have attached a couple of pictures for your review. Thank you for your time and input.

--J.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It appears to be a small frame, .22 Hammer Rimfire Model made in 1912. US Revolvers are the mail order version of the standard Iver Johnson line. Not a cheaper line, but a different line, the cost are with in a few cents of each other. The US revolvers were sold through mail order catalogs. Iver John started the US revolver line as a way to use up left over parts, however it proved so popular it became a standard line of firearms that lasted from 1909 until 1925 ( for the .22 rim fire, small frame ), a total of 107,650 were built. Value? I'll let someone else chime in on that factor, but be advised they are not high dollar items. If you wish to fire it, because of the age of the gun I would advise using 22 short CB caps, the CeeBees use only the primer for propulsion but they are a hoot to shoot. Info from Bgoforth's Iver Johnson's book. Hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.