Iver Johnson

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by abskyhigh55, Jun 12, 2012.

1. abskyhigh55

abskyhigh55 New Member

I recently acquired an old hand gun my uncle found in his garage rafters as he was moving out. Nice! This would be my first antique piece. I did some research via the internet and found it to be an Iver Johnson .38 s&w model 2 third variation. The web site matched the inscription on the rim of the barrel and all the patent dates on the butt of the gun. The serial # is I 43733. This is as far as I could get. If it has any value I would like to hold on to it to pass it down. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum and have enjoyed all the reading. I will try to post some pics. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum i am sure someone can help u
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

here ya go guys
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

I43733 would be a 2nd model 5th variation made in 1903 for black powder ammo.

Value would be as a non-shooter, maybe $100-$125 range.