1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

iver johnson

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by deakin, Sep 14, 2012.

1. deakin

deakin New Member

I have a iver johnson swing out 38 s&w single action any idea on value I can't find anything on single action correction it is double action. On the top of the barrel it has the following: Iver Johnson & Co Makers. Worcester. Pat'd { nov 4 79
    Mass, USA. March 6 83

cylinder at the end of a arm and swings out 90 degrees to barrel
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, but a more detailed description and photo are needed:

The only .38 S&W caliber revolver I. J. made with a swing out cylinder was the odd one made 1883-1887 with cylinder that swiveled out the right side, but it was double action.

Please list the markings at least if a photo is not available.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Maybe I am sleepy, but I don't recall any IJ swing cylinder single actions in .38 S&W or any other caliber. Can you post some good pictures?

Jim
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The cylinder didn't swing out, it pivoted sideways, on , what looks like the cylinder rod. Also, Iver Johnson never put it in production but they did have a swing out cylinder .38 Special in the works. Only a few were made for a feasibility study just before they turned off the lights. Bill Goforth was able to secure one before they closed and on another forum he shared pictures of the gun. I wonder who has it now, that would be a rare bird.