iver johnson

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by deakin, Sep 14, 2012.

1. deakin

deakin New Member

I have a iver johnson swing out 38 s&w single action any idea on value I can't find anything on single action correction it is double action. On the top of the barrel it has the following: Iver Johnson & Co Makers. Worcester. Pat'd { nov 4 79
    Mass, USA. March 6 83

cylinder at the end of a arm and swings out 90 degrees to barrel
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, but a more detailed description and photo are needed:

The only .38 S&W caliber revolver I. J. made with a swing out cylinder was the odd one made 1883-1887 with cylinder that swiveled out the right side, but it was double action.

Please list the markings at least if a photo is not available.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Maybe I am sleepy, but I don't recall any IJ swing cylinder single actions in .38 S&W or any other caliber. Can you post some good pictures?

Jim
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The cylinder didn't swing out, it pivoted sideways, on , what looks like the cylinder rod. Also, Iver Johnson never put it in production but they did have a swing out cylinder .38 Special in the works. Only a few were made for a feasibility study just before they turned off the lights. Bill Goforth was able to secure one before they closed and on another forum he shared pictures of the gun. I wonder who has it now, that would be a rare bird.