Iver Johnson

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Atomic Punk, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk New Member

I have inherited a Iver Johnson 38 S&W safety automatic. IT has a hammer and I have researched and determined that it is a 2nd model. I am just trying to find out what year it was manufactured. The serial number onder the grip is I44693. THe value is unimportant to me because of a family story of my wifes grandpa robbing a bank with it during the depression. I understand they are of little value and i dont plan on shooting it or ever selling it.

Thanks for your help
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

IN 1903 the I prefix was used on the large frame hammer 38 S&W , I 00001 through I 100,000 ( estimated ). It is a black powder only firearm.
  3. hrf

hrf Active Member

Welcome to TFF.

The I serial prefix for large frame hammer model .38s was used only one year, 1903.
  4. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk New Member

You guys are fantastic Thanks for the help. I spent hours reseaching