Iver Johnson

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by confederatemule, Nov 27, 2012.

1. confederatemule

confederatemule New Member

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, corner of Texas
    Top of Barrel :
    IVER JOHNSON'S ARMS & CYCLE WORKS. FITCHBURG, MASS. U.S.A.
    PAT'D. APR.6,86. FEB.15,87. MAY10,87. DEC26,93. PAT'S PENDING
    (looks like in front of & at the rear of these words is a small box with an x inside of it)
    Serial # : 17552 [located on bottom of top strap and bottom of butt strap. Nothing on side of butt strap behind grip panel. No letter code.
    Barrel Length : 3 1/4 inch
    .38 cal.
    Double Top Post Barrel Latch.
    I think it is a large frame 2nd model 1895. Designed to shoot .38 caliber black powder cartridge.
    Am I correct?

Thanks for any help.
    Mule
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Correct
  3. confederatemule

confederatemule New Member

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, corner of Texas
    Thanks, hrf, fer the response. Nice to know I am finally correct on something. :)

Mule
  4. musketshooter

musketshooter New Member

I just sold a nice one. It went for $55.