Iver Johnson's Revolver Info

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rpmanfredo, Sep 30, 2008.

1. rpmanfredo

rpmanfredo New Member

I have a Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle Works revolver that is quite old. The S/N is 33755. it is a 7-shot, 22 LR top break model. Any idea how old it is and where I can find the model number?

Ralph
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

iver johnson's arms & cycle works actually made two 7 shot 22 rimfire top break revolvers. a large frame called the 22 supershot and a small frame (no model name mmarked on it) safety automatic revolver. i supect you have the small frame safety automatic revolver. remove the grips and look for a serial number (and possibly a letter code prefix) on the left side of the grip frame. it would also help to know if there are any patent dates ont the top of the barrel, left side of the barrel or the bottom of the butt.
    bill

ps, there were also several 7 shot 22 rimfire solid frame models but they rarely had the company's full name marked on them.
  3. dogngun

dogngun New Member

Be very careful removing the grips! they were made of rubber and they become very brittle over time. If you crack or chip onef, you will have a very hard and expensive time trying to find a replacement.

Remove the screw and carefully work a thin blade under the grip to try to lift it up and off.

mark