1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Iver Johnson's Viking 67

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by leroy63, Jan 25, 2009.

1. leroy63

leroy63 New Member

I'm trying to find the rear sight assy. for my grandfathers old pistol. Iver johnson's Viking 67, 22 cal., if anybody out there can help me, thank you very much.
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

MODEL 67 VIKING LARGE FRAME---------------------------------1964-1978
    FEATURES HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION. The double action mechanism of the Model 66 was redesigned to incorporate the Hammer the Hammer feature and introduced as the Model 67. Barrel length: 4 ½ inches and 6 inches (chrome lined); Oversize plastic grips with molded in thumb rest; Sights: front adjustable for elevation, rear adjustable for windage; Weight: 4 ½ inch barrel 31 ounces, 6 inch barrel 34 ounces; Calibers: 22 rimfire with 8 Rounds cylinder capacity, cylinder featured recessed chambers and Flash control front rim; Frame height 4 1/16 inches; Frame length 5 1/16 inches; Overall length: with 4 ½ inch barrel 9 ½ inches, with 6 inch barrel 11 inches; Blue finish only. Main serial number location on the right side of frame below cylinder
    VALUE: 100%=$250 60%=$165

MODEL 67S VIKING SNUB LARGE FRAME--------------------------1964-1978
    FEATURES HAMMER the HAMMER ACTION; the same as the Model 67 except for grips and barrel length. Two centerfire calibers were added. Grips are small two piece pocket size plastic; Barrel length 2 ¾ inches; Calibers: .22 rimfire with 8 rounds cylinder capacity, .32 and .38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, rimfire cylinder has recessed chambers and front Flash Control rim; Sights: front adjustable for elevation, rear adjustable for windage; Weight 25 ounces; Frame height 4 1/16 inches; Frame length 5 1/16 inches; Over- all length 7 inches; Blue finish only. Main serial number location on the right side of frame below cylinder
    VALUE: 100%=$260 60%=$175

for parts try numrich arms co. www.e-gunparts.com
    bill
  3. bcubed

bcubed New Member

Bill,

I have the a gun like the one listed above... Do you happen to know if the grip can be changed on it?

I was looking at www.e-gunparts.com, here is the specific link:
    http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0770z67S VIKING SNUB

and was wondering if a larger grip could be put on this gun?

Thanks
    Brent
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

yes the two types of grips shown that were standard on the viking are interchangable. on the viking snub model 67A the one piece over sixe plastic grips turn the short barrel model into a a belt model instead on a pocket model but can be used.
    bill