IversJohnson 22 pistol 7 shot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mmrkk, Oct 30, 2009.

1. mmrkk

mmrkk New Member

Eckville, Alberta, Canada (South central Alberta)
    I Have an IversJohnson 22 caliber pistol given to me by my father, which was given to him by his father. It is double action, 7 shot (shorts only) with a serial # E 29370 on the inside of the pistol grip (left side). I was wondering if anybody could tell me the age of this gun. It is in pretty good condition & shoots very accurate. I'm not too concerned of the value (would be nice to know though) as I plan to hand this down to my son & then down to his youngest son & so on.
    Thanks for any info
    Monty
    (Finally figured out how to edit & add pics!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

you have an iver johnson's arms & cycle works "small frame third model with the optional over size woor grips called "western walnut". serial number E29370 was manufactured in 1922, there were 1,500 of this model manufactured that year.

THIRD MODEL SAFETY AUTOMATIC HAMMER REVOLVER
    (Smokeless Powder Cartridges)--------------------1909-1941
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME VERSIONS USES HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION: Double top post barrel latch with Hammer the Hammer action. This model redesigned to be strong enough for smokeless powder. All coil springs, hard rubber grip panels with Owls head at top, optional oversize grips of hard rubber or wood were offered. Two frame sizes, four calibers, Standard barrel length: small frame 3 inches, large frame 3 ¼ inches. Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire 7 rounds cylinder capacity, .32 centerfire 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .32 Special centerfire with 6 rounds cylinder capacity, .38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Weight: small frame .22 rimfire with 3 inch barrel 13 ounces, .32 centerfire with 3 inch barrel 13 ½ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel .32 Special 19 ounces, .38 centerfire with 3 ¼ inch barrel 18 ¼ inches; Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches; Overall length: small frame with 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see. The Third Model features a double top post barrel latch, coil hammer spring and four cross pins in the lower frame.
    VALUE: 100%=$250 60%=$115
  4. mmrkk

mmrkk New Member

Eckville, Alberta, Canada (South central Alberta)
    Thanks Bill, Been waiting to hear from you, was hoping it would have been no later than 1898 as the laws here in Canada state in order to own this, if later than that it needs to be registered, guess I better go join a gun club, as this is the only way to legally own a pistol / revolver.

And yea, shooter45 what does ttt mean?

Thanks johnlives4christ, if I'm shooting good that day, I can pick an empty 22 casing off a fence post at about 8 yards. (Not usually that steady anymore)
  5. Goody

Goody Member

I believe he means To The Top, an effort to bring this back into a current day focus. It had been posted on 10/30/2009. and no one had replied. By bringing it TTT, someone new saw it, and the question has been answered, somewhat.

But then, I am just guessing. Perhaps he thought it was a Titan Teutonic Tiger!:rolleyes: