IWB Carry

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

rhinoman
    (12/25/02 7:03:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All IWB Carry
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Presently I carry my Glock-30 in a pancake-style holster. I'm looking at purchasing a Wilson combat .45. From what I've read I'll no longer want to carry my Glock once I'm used to the other pistol. Since the 1911 style .45 will be larger than the G30 I figured I'll want to carry it in an in-the-waistband holster. Which comes to my rather personal question. I never wear underwear. Do any of you IWB holster wearers go underwearless? IWB holsters while very good for concealed carry seem like they'd be VERY uncomfortable. They require, besides just purchasing the holster, purchasing pants [one?] size up. Comments please.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/25/02 7:30:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: IWB Carry
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just how big an ol' boy are ya ? Got any "love handles" ? If so, you may not like the feel of an IWB holster.

I carry a full sized 1911 in a Wilson Combat pancake style holster. The most comfortable holster I've ever worn.

I have carried in a Milt Sparks IWB holster. Digs into my side a it too much.

Wilson has a gurantee, wear the holster around the house for a day. If you don't like it, send it back for another style.

rhinoman
    (12/25/02 10:47:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del IWB carry
    5'8" 160# 32" waist. I'm in good shape. I hallways thought that would be a disadvantage with IWB carry! It would seem to me that if you have a big soft waist the gun wouldn't bother you as much as it does someone with a hard waist. I feel if I had more padding the gun wouldn't rub as much? I've never worn an IWB holster before. Are you saying that I'm better off than a softer man. Plus it would seem the sheer girth of the larger man would be an advantage concealing the gun to begin with. Also leather vs. Kydex for IWB carry, which one do you guys prefer? I'm not a heavy sweater.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/26/02 7:48:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: IWB carry
    Well Shooter45, how big a ol boy are you?

Rhino...
    did'nt your Mother tell you about wearing underware?

Personally, I'd choose leather... there's an array of choices and no matter how you carry, it need's to be comfortable. .

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/26/02 8:41:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: IWB carry
    Zig, I'm 5'11" and 203 lbs. I can wear an IWB holster and do on occassion.

Leather all the way (except the underwear).

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/26/02 2:18:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: IWB carry
    Ya mean ya weraz them leather britches too shooter 45, or do ya wear leather britches only whilst ridin yer Harley?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/27/02 11:29:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: IWB carry
    Be sure to grease those ball joints before doing so!

Leather All The Way Rhino!

www.desantisholster.com/ "When Only The Best Will Do!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac