J.A. Ciener AK-47 .22LR Conversion from 7.62x39

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by ca2tx2tn, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ca2tx2tn

ca2tx2tn New Member

Here's my beef. I ordered a Jonathan Arthur Ciener AK-47 conversion in January 2009. Here it is August 2009, and the kit hasn't been delivered. Trying to get hold of Ciener is like trying to tell Obama his healthcare program sucks. Nobody answers the phone, nobody returns your calls. I finally sent a letter to Ciener and received an extremely short response. "....you've already waited this long, don't cancel your order."

So, has anyone else had any experience in ordering J. A. Ciener's conversion kits? For those of you considering buying a kit for your AK-47, I'd recommend looking for someone else.
  2. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Ciener is a thief.

I ordered a converter for a 1911 which I could not get to fit the gun. I called, they do not answer the phone. I left phone messages, they do not return calls. I wrote them a letter which they did not respond to. I sent the thing back demanding a refund. I got a letter telling me that it was not their fault. It was my fault. Send them my $2,000 Les Baer and they would fit it for $50. I'm supposed to send someone who won't answer the phone a $2K gun? Fat chance. They demanded $30 to "inspect" the converter and shipping to return it. I planned to sue them as they are in Florida but was told by a local gunsmith that they would counter sue and fight tooth and nail and even if you won you would not get paid. I refused to pay these thieves another $30+. I lost $200 and never got the converter back. This was three years ago. Years ago I bought a converter for an AR. Couldn't get it to work. Couldn't get any help. Gave it away. Get your money back.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  3. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

Have to agree, cancel and run screaming...........