J R Evans Double Barrel

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Rockh0und, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Rockh0und

Rockh0und New Member

I was looking for information on a J R Evans Double Barrel 12 gauge. It has London Fine Twist down the top between the barrels. Looks like it's in near mint condition. Supposed to have been made in the 1870s.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Rockh0und.....welcome to TFF.

I've searched my reference materials and the internet and haven't been able to come up with any information on the manufacturer.

However, there is a J.R. Evans shotgun listed on GunsAmerica Classifieds:
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976537667.htm

Perhaps if you contact the seller, he might have more information on it.
  3. Rockh0und

Rockh0und New Member

I had found that one too. That was the second place I looked right after GunBroker. That one is a "London Fine Damascus" though and this one's a "London Fine Twist" I know the difference in how they're made I was just wondering about value and some info on the maker.

Thanks Anyway.