1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

J Stevens 22 LR

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cclyburn, Oct 27, 2009.

1. cclyburn

cclyburn New Member

I recently continued searching through my father inlaws gun cabinets and things and found two J Stevens 22 LR's. Looking on line and found conflicting info on age. The light finished gun is marked J. Stevens Arms Company Crackshot 26 and the dark finish one is marked J. Stevens A&T Company Stevens Maynard Jr 22 long rifle. I have found info that shows the crackshot 26 manufactured between 1915-1940 and the other between 1886-1915? Can onyone give me further info and are these dates correct? Thank you Chris

Attached Files:

2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Flayderman's Guide lists ca. 1902-1912 for the Maynard Jr, and ca. 1912-1939 for the Crackshot 26.
  3. billin

billin New Member

My Crackshot list the patent date as 1913???
  4. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Chris, The Standard Catalog of Firearms agrees with the Flayderman dates posted by hrf.

billin, Patent dates don't always precede production dates. Sometimes they are late in coming, and in other cases they are re-filed because of an improvement or a transfer of ownership.