The Firearms Forum banner

J. Stevens .22 tube fed bolt action. 2 shotguns

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 ·
Crescent butt plate, says J.Stevens and then has stevens in a triangle, and a 20 in a circle. No serial number, no model number. The feed tube moves with the action. I think this is an early model 66. I need parts.
Also have a J.C. Henry Co. Fine Belgium Damascus barrel 10 guage side by side I can't find anything out on, and I need a forestock.
For last, A 12 guage single shot that says Texas Ranger on it. Nothing else anywhere, no serial, no choke type, no guage type. I think it is an early savage 94. Any ideas on these?

#4 ·
The J.C Henry Co. was a Trade name that was distributed by H&D Folsom prior to WWI. There seems to be two sources for these guns. one source was Belgium, H. Pieper, and Crescent in the US. If the shotguns is Belgium marked and proofed, as yours seem to be, It was Belgium made, no proof marks then it was made by Crescent Firearms Co. The Texas Ranger, no ideal, The name Texas Ranger was used by Wards on cheap handguns, but shotguns aren't listed. It's a trade name, but made by whom, don't have the foggiest, perhaps other contributors may have an ideal. ADDED, Your Texas Ranger is a J. Stevens made for sale for Wards .:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.