J. Stevens A&T 22LR double trigger

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jonessmj, Sep 24, 2012.

1. jonessmj

jonessmj New Member

I inherited a J. Stevens A&T .22 long rifle. I can't seem to figure out which model it is and how much it might be worth. Here is all the info I have on it as well as a picture.

The top of the barrel says J. Stevens A&T (with the address), Pat Oct. 29 89.

The side of the barrel says 22 LR.

It has a single barrel, but double trigger. There is a small screw between the triggers. If you pull the rear trigger it makes the front trigger essentially a hair trigger.

It is a lever action.

On the underside of the barrel near the wood it says 10118. This same number is stamped on the metal just behind the lever action when it is closed.

What can you tell me about this gun? Is it a sideplate?

[​IMG]
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF.

It appears to be the Ideal No. 44 model, with optional double set trigger, which should add a premium to someone who wants a shooter (how is the bore?).

It's not the early "side plate" model, which had a removable plate on right side of the action.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. jonessmj

jonessmj New Member

Sorry it took me a couple of days. Here you go. Does this help confirm the model? What do you think the value is? There is a small splinter of wood missing on the wood under the barrel. The barrel is in decent condition (a small amount of surface rust).

[/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

It is an Ideal No. 44, and your photos are a bit small to judge condition, but Flayderman lists value of $350 for one in Very Good condition. With the wood damage and surface rust, I'd guess yours might rate only Good, but the set triggers might make it equal to a shooter who wants one to reline or rebuild.

(When I asked about the bore I meant the internal bore and rifling)