J Stevens A & T Co LITTLE SCOUT 22 L/R

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dr_tcheap_97, Jan 11, 2011.

1. dr_tcheap_97

dr_tcheap_97 New Member

I'm looking for any and all information concerning this little rifle. There are no serial numbers to help. It basicly looks like an early version of a modern Cricket
  2. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

If it has a one piece stock, it's a Model 14 made 1906-1910. If a two piece stock (separate butt stock and forearm) it's a 14-1/2 made 1911-1941.

Flayderman's Guide lists value of both as $125 for Very Good condition to $400 for Excellent condition.
  3. FloridaFialaFan

FloridaFialaFan New Member

This STEVENS LITTLE SCOUT 14 1/2, obtained from a Florida auction house in 2009, cost me $250 delivered, and is absolutely museum quality - it appears to be unfired and never handled. There is not ONE mark of wear or handling of any kind on it. Consignor said it was his father's and he believes his Dad never fired the rifle. When he inherited it he said it sat in his gun safe, in a protective gun sock, for another 30 years when he finally decided to sell it.

Manufacture of this gun was from 1903 to 1941, so the newest it could possibly be is almost 70 years old IF it was one of the last made.

[​IMG]

Very happy to have this old timer in my collection. :)

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF
  4. grampawmike

grampawmike New Member

You got about all I know about the Steven's 'Little Scout' already, but they are a fun little gun. Here's a pic of one I restored a couple of years ago. I like to restore these little 'boy's rifles'. I usually find these little guys a yard sales and they are usually pretty badly messed up. The worst I ever found was this little Winchester, but this Hamilton I'm currently working on was almost as bad. Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. finloq

finloq New Member

Grampawmike, how easy is it to get the trigger in/out of the Little Scouts?
    I have one enroute that has a problem with the hammer. It will drop without the trigger being pulled. I am assuming that the spur on the trigger has rounded over the years and is slipping out of the notch on the hammer (I had a similar problem with an H&A 12ga.). This is certainly an easy fix, if the trigger is removed easily?