j stevens arms company help?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by revmonday, May 5, 2012.

1. revmonday

revmonday New Member

i have a pump action 22 long rifle with a full octagon berrel. it is a tube fed gun. i have not been able to find out anything on this gun. there is a mark on the berrel it is a cirlce with a I in it. the sn# 78116 with r w above the number. there are no other markings. the sights are gone and the magazine tube is broken. thanks
  2. revmonday

revmonday New Member

and it is a harmerless gun
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

We need some pics. to see.Does it have any other stamp or markings? other then what you have already said? Maybe a mod.#
    Mike
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  4. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I recently picked up this rifle but haven't had time to even look at it really. Your description sounded like possibly the same gun so I pulled it out to have a look but I see this is a Meriden Model 15.
    At present I have no knowledge about this gun and It's sure I'll be needing to ask some questions here myself but meanwhile here's a couple pics for kicks.
  5. revmonday

revmonday New Member

here are pics of the gun. there ar no other markings on it. thanks

018.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Sorry I didn't realize I didn't get those pics in. Better late than never?

Attached Files:

7. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

8. RJay

RJay Active Member

Post removed, Disregard, the add on post messed up my mind
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  9. revmonday

revmonday New Member

ok i have spent the last 4 hour on the net looking at anything and everything i could to find out any info on this gun. i beleave it is a model 29. thank you to trap55 for puting the link on here to numrich ( even if it was in responce to a different gun than mine) i looked threw there stevens,savage rifles untill i found one that matched what i had.
  10. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

I think I discovered the source of confusion after a second look at your pics. You have a mismatched rifle, the rear being a Meriden Model 15, and the front half possibly a Stevens model 25 or 29? Note the receiver tab in front of the safety.
    This is your rifle:

[​IMG]

And this is a Meriden Model 15

[​IMG]