J Stevens Replica?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by purepain, Aug 7, 2009.

1. purepain

purepain New Member

I recently purchased a J Stevens Model 1894 22 rimfire rifle. All the research I have done points to it being made in 1894. However I am growing a concern that it may be a replica. Did they make replicas and if so is there anyway I can tell if mine is a replica or the real deal. Thanks a lot for your help.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Which model Stevens are you calling an 1894?
  4. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Welcome to TFF purepain,

The Stevens Favorite No. 30 is a modern reproduction of the Stevens Favorite series of rifles. I believe they are still in production and are being manufactured in 22LR, 17HMR and 22WMR. It is also available in a take-down version.

It should be fairly easy to tell if you have a reproduction if you tell us EXACTLY how your gun is marked. Close-up photos ... all the better.

If you purchased from a reputable dealer is is unlikely that you have a reproduction. The difference in value between an original and a reproduction isn't great enough to tempt anyone with average intelligence to misrepresent what he is selling. Of course, if the seller was a Democrat, all bets are off. Just don't tell me it came in a box along with a trigger lock.