Jack Daniels Moves To Michigan ...... ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnHenry, Nov 17, 2011.

1. NCIC105

NCIC105 New Member

Yes you can. On distillery property you can buy full bottles...Just can't buy by the drink.
  2. wsas7816

wsas7816 New Member

3. geds

geds New Member

4. geds

geds New Member

Funny thing about the JD distillery is that it is a popular tour for the Boy Scouts - I always missed the trip, so I still (no pun intended) haven't made the tour. I would like to do so though...
  5. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I don't care what anybody says, I love what a couple of shots of Jack does to a cold pepsi!!!
  6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Whew. That could've started another war between the states.
  7. whirley

whirley Member

[ My wife's family traces its heritage back to the "Frese Rebellion" in PA over the Continental Congress's imposition of a tax upon whiskey distilling in western PA.

My ancestors were involved in that also.
    Just to set the record straight. The whiskey tax was just the straw that broke the camels back. Many people held their land under Pa. and Va grants which became questionable. The only court for land title problems was in Phila 400 miles away. In 1786 a petition was filed with Congress asking for a new State so they could have convenient courts. The Quakers in Phila blocked that. Land sharpers filed false claims. Many people moved west to Kentucky. It was all about land, but Hamilton blamed it on whiskey. Aaron Burr did the right thing for several reasons. Hamilton died from his own illegal pistols.
  8. 45nut

45nut Active Member

JD is Tennessee sour mash whiskey, Maker's Mark is Bourbon, as is Jim Beam.

Y'all can have all that nasty JD you want with coke, pepsi whatever and I'll take my Booker's Bourbon on the rocks. Thank ye.
  9. geds

geds New Member

There's two ways to look at that:

It improves the flavor of the Pepsi

It ruins the flavor of the JD

Seeing how Pepsi costs a buck (and is a rip-off at that), I'd prefer to save the buck and drink the Jack!
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Though I don't drink anymore, I still keep the half bar stocked with good alcohols. JD is the whiskey of choice and I'm never ashamed to serve it. However those who need a $50 bottle to indulge are always welcome to bring one.:)
  11. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

I'll drink to that........
  12. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

No, that's not correct. It's 51%.

No, that's not correct, either. It's named after the French Royal Family "house of Bourbon" which part of Kentucky was named after that soon became 'Bourbon County' Kentucky. It's named after the county of Kentucky, not a city.

Jack Daniels is considered a 'bourbon' only for export reasons under the NAFTA trade agreement. However, since it is flavored by filtering through charcoal, it's not an 'real' bourbon by definition. But, they can label it a bourbon if they want to. They chose not to, claiming it's a 'Tennessee whiskey' which is something they try to claim special on its own, even though the same water, recipe and aging process is used.

No, that's for 'straight' bourbon. Regular bourbon is aged for only two years.
  13. Porkbutt

Porkbutt New Member

Jack Daniels will never leave Tennessee, Lynchburg maybe, but never Tennessee. Because of unions, it would never move up north if it did. The trend now is to move businesses south away from union controlled governments. No offense to anyone just a fact.