1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Jack404

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Lee C., Jun 19, 2010.

1. Lee C.

Lee C. New Member

Jack asked for a picture of my new toy when i got it to gether and for any one easl that might want a look. The stock that cam with the gun was one of those cheep ones that your lucky to get $25.00 for if you can fine some one to buy it at all. So i put two 1/4 rods through the forearm to the first screw hole that holds the stock on the action and made the forearm 2 ans 1/2" wide to ride my frount rest better and painted it black.

It's a 6.5x47 28" MaGowen 9 twist barrel with a 11 dagree crown on a savage 10fp action. With a 8x32x56 with a 30mm tube fch sightron scop EGW base and millett angle loc rings. I'm going in the morn to do the shoot and clean thing to break the barrel in. I want to see how it's going to shoot, but i see a sss competition tregger in the comeing weeks also. The picture isn't that good but the beat part of it is i did all the work my self and it's a great past time for me.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      60.2 KB
      Views:
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Bloody nice !

will you crono some rounds?

28" is about optimal for 6.5 but only the older jap rifles where common in the length here ( you'd have a bigger range)

and many of those where worn to hell by the time i got to play with them

i think that will be a "hot" rifle , meaning the advertised MV's will be higher due to the extra length , as the 6.5 loads are more suited to longer burns and waste a lot of energy on short barrels

Thanks a heap for the pic!

do do a range report when possible please!

cheers