Jackpot 1911 or NOT?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sigpointman, Sep 18, 2012.

1. sigpointman

sigpointman New Member

Oh well, guess it does not matter now, sold it for $1,000 at this weekends local gunshow. I didn't even make it to the entrance door to the show.

Thanks for the help/info!
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Told you some folks will pay for the colt name...but I have to say, you found someone who didnt know what he was buying......oh well, good for you!
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I cant believe you sold your grandfathers 1911.. Guess im just a sentimental guy.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I would feel the same way josh, if the gun werent so pieced together...
  5. sigpointman

sigpointman New Member

It wasn't my grandfathers, but the guy who I got it from! And YES, I think he wanted it for bragging rights more than anything, Cash Is King
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

As the story goes, my grandfather was in WW2, and after the war, he purchased "his" Colt 1911 for a mere $12, and for extra $8 bucks, had it transfered legally! True or not, can't really say, just going by what grandma told me. The pistol does have an "AA" stamped on the left side, just above the trigger guard, if this helps

I coulda swore you said you inherited it from your grandfather.