Jacksonco

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JUNKKING, Aug 31, 2009.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Jeff did you get that Citadel yet? Have you got the chance to fire it? How is it overall? Inquiring minds ok only mine need to know, JUNK
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I picked it up Sunday afternoon. I have not had the opportunity to get it to the range yet but may do so sometime today. After checking it out I believe I did alright on it. The finish is parkerized instead of blued and it came with 7 round magazines instead of the 6 rounders advertised on Buds.

I did make it out to the range with my 308 the other day and I am getting solid 1" five shot groups. I am pretty happy with it so far. Plan to get a little better scope with higher magnification than 7x and it should help reduce group size a little more.

I will get back with you Junk when I have more to report. Maybe even post a picture. It takes a while to post a picture because my up loads are dial up. At least my download speeds are satellite.
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I didn't make it to the range today. My wife was ready to go but I wasn't feeling quite up to the task. Hopefully tomorrow will be different.
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Finally made it to the range on Wednesday. The Citadel performed pretty well. Accuracy is A-1 (better than I can do). I was shooting 200 grain lswc home loads. I did have a few failure to go fully into battery (had to nudge the slide a smidgen). I think that it was in part the magazines (7 round Italian manufacture) that caused the malfunction. Possibly the lswc I was using. I have some 200 grain XTP HP that I am gonna run through it next time out to see how it does. Either way a pair of Wilson magazines are in the future for it. I am also going to put a coat of white out on the face of the front site so that my less than perfect eyes can pick it up more quickly. All in all I am satisfied with my new pistol and plan to have many joyous hours discharging rounds into paper targets and other inanimate objects at the range.

I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER :)
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Glad to hear you are happy with it. Was it real stiff when you got it? I looked at one of those and it was so stiff the guy said it needs to be cycled a few hundred rounds because of how tight it is milled. I told him I would let it go to the next guy and let him break it in lol.
  6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

The slide operated smoothly, perhaps a little stiffer than my commander but pretty close to the same.
  7. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Very good. Glad it is working out for you. Now just enjoy.