JAG

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Genog
    (5/11/01 10:14:03 am)
    | Del All JAG
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anybody see JAG on USA last night? It was a great episode about a wannabe. Guy running for Senator, ex sailor claiming to be war hero SEAL. He was busted good....
    Did you see it Chief?

Geno G

oneknight
    (5/11/01 1:36:37 pm)
    | Del Re: JAG
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just what is this?????

low2go
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (5/11/01 4:36:43 pm)
    I had seen it before Gene--there are very few that I have missed--I just read in the paper the episodes are gonna run for another two years--maybe Harm will get lucky--there I go--dirty old Chief, huh? Wilborn

Misterstan
    (5/12/01 10:29:16 am)
    Geno G.,

Have you read the book STOLEN VALOR? You will be surprised with all the wannabes they have disclosed.

Sounds like you watch JAG on the USA Network. Every week day from 7 P.M. to 8 P.M.. These reruns follow no particular order.

The newest JAG episodes are on CBS Tuesdays from 8 P.M. to 9 P.M..

You don't have to be a Navy person to enjoy watching JAG (Judge Advocate General). Every episode will make you proud to have been a part of the U.S. Military or to know someone who served. There is nothing but respect shown between the branches of service and they give the civilian audience some thoughtful perspectives on what the military is all about.

For example, an episode a couple of weeks ago was about the Osprey, a new plane that is designed to take off and land vertically. The Marines have been testing it for years and there have been a number of deaths that were caused by design flaws. A congresswoman wanted to have the Osprey program stopped due to the accidents. Commander Rabb explains that the men who work with the Osprey feel honored and privileged to risk their lives to help develop a new vehicle that may someday improve the effectiveness of the military.

You'll know you are hooked when you find yourself standing at attention in front of your TV set saluting the person who the current episode was about. Geno G. and Senior Chief, you know you are not supposed to salute when indoors or uncovered! (Not to mention out of uniform) (LOL)

Misterstan

longshot1
    (5/12/01 3:28:56 pm)

Also, you want to check out this months Readers Digest, as story entitled " The Man I Should Have
    Been"

I draft dodger who regrets it, who'd a thunk it.

NIckG

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/12/01 5:42:59 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: JAG
    Jag is the cats ass man!

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Genog
    (5/14/01 12:10:49 pm)
    Stan,
    I also foul up on protocol, as I usually find myself saluting at the end of the shows also....

I think the Army is the only branch that salutes indoors.
    Is that correct?
    Geno G

Misterstan
    (5/15/01 8:52:55 am)
    Good Morning, Petty Officer Geno G.

The answer to your question is the Army and the Air Force.

For more information about Military Protocol check out the following web page:

www.atsdr.cdc.gov/SO/milprot.html

Thanks for the homework, Geno G.. It helps me to learn how to make good use of the vast resources of the Internet. I like to share what I have learned with others with similar interests.

Have a good day, Petty Officer Geno G.,

Misterstan

Edited by: Misterstan at: 5/15/01 9:56:24 am

Genog
    (5/15/01 9:27:22 am)
    And a good morning to you Petty Officer Lambert.

It is amazing how much one can learn on this here internet stuff. I spend a lot of time on "Ask Jeeves", they can usually steer me whereever I need to go to find out about anything....

Geno G

Misterstan
    (5/15/01 9:38:19 am)
    Geno G.,

Senior Chief Wilborn sent me a picture of the USS New Jersey (BB-62) to scan for him. It is firing it's 16-inch guns and you can actually see one of the projectiles in the air.

Of course I had to check out the Internet to see what I could find out about the USS New Jersey (BB-62). First thing to do is type in "Battleship New Jersey" in the address bar in Internet Explorer and you will see a listing of sites to check out. (Should also work with Netscape Navigator).

The Senior Chief's picture is one-of-a-kind because I could not find it on the Internet. There are several web sites dedicated to the New Jersey with literally hundreds of pictures.

Just one bit of information. A single anchor weighs 15 tons!

Misterstan

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (5/15/01 11:32:13 am)
    | Del Re: Search Engines
    Geno.......not sure if you're familiar with this particular search engine but I've found it to be the best and the quickest.....simply use this address and specify in "Google" what you want to find and you'll find most everything and anything.
    www.google.com

Edited by: dap22 at: 5/15/01 12:36:15 pm

Rons Toys
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/01 12:36:49 pm)
    | Del Re: Search Engines
    That the best one that I use, look what I found.

www.battleshipnc.com/phys...inch_b.jpg
    Battleship North Carolina firing 16" can see projectiles

www.fas.org/man/dod-101/s...s/mk-7.htm
    Mark 7 16-inch/50-caliber gun pics

www.qsl.net/bb62/photo_archive.html